Email stands the test of time, and continues to be one of the most powerful forms of communication between you and your customer. Laura Kukemelk is cofounder of Powerful Marketers, and she’s seen trends come and go. Email however, has not faltered.
Most business owners focus on social media marketing, however Laura explains there is a major problem with this marketing strategy. You don’t own the digital real estate. The social media company can change the algorithm at any time. This crushes your ability to communicate with your customers.
The data is clear, people still use and read emails at a high rate. Now there are privacy regulations in place, so it’s important that you work with an expert to grow a valid, compliant list. Let’s face it, no one likes to get emails from a stranger, when they never signed up for the emails.
- If you build your following on social media, you have to accept the possibility that someone else controls when and who can see your content. With email, you have the control.
- 99% of email users check their inbox every day, with some checking 20 times a day.
- Social media and email marketing should work together to cover different phases in the customer journey.
- “It doesn't matter if you have 20,000 followers, they will not all see your posts. In fact, you are lucky if 10% of your followers see your updates.” (0:52)
- “If you have collected these emails, honestly, and in accordance with all the privacy regulations and G D P R and so on, then you are the owner of these contacts.” (1:40)
- “We have seen from our clients is that on average, the open rate can be up to 25 or even 45%, which is still a lot, lot higher than let's say, five to 10% of reach that you may or may even not get on.” (2:23)
- According to Hubspot “ there are 4 billion email users around the world. 99% of email users check their inbox every single day with some checking 20 times a day.” (3:00)
- “58% of consumers check their email first thing in the morning. 81% of B2B marketers say their most used form of content marketing is email newsletters. In 2C markets, it is said that 50% of people buy from marketing emails at least once per month. Their most effective strategies for email marketing campaigns are subscriber segmentation, message personalization, and email automation campaign.” (3:22)
Connect with Powerful Marketers
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/powerful-marketers/
- Mari-Liis Vaher: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vahermariliis/
- Laura Kukemelk: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-kukemelk/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/powerfulmarketers/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/powerfulmarketers
- Join our free Powerful Mastermind Club Meetings: https://powerful-marketers.com/mastermind/