Have you been considering starting your own community? In today’s episode, Jill Salzman, Founder of The Founding Moms, shares tips for creating a community and establishing a fanbase.
Community building is a great way to grow your business. In a community you can gather like minded individuals with similar interests and goals who, if you do it properly, will support everything you do. When starting a community, there are a few things you need to consider. Make sure you are providing original content for your members to consume, engage with your members and show them lots of validation and love, and figure out a way to market your community to people who are outside of it. Even if you decide you don’t want to start your own community, it can be very beneficial to join a pre-existing community in your chosen niche.
Tune into this week’s episode of Powerful Marketing Tips for a conversation about how building a community can help you to grow your business and personal brand. Learn about the best ways to go about marketing your community to bring in new members.
- “I didn’t intend to create a community, but I think I’ve loved community for a long time.” (5:16-5:23)
- “I can’t tell you how much I love growing a community, running a community, and in doing that I am a part of the community. I have learned since there is literally no better way to build a business.” (7:58-8:13)
- “The more consistency you have and the more you deliver and delight, the more people will feel that from you and it will feel genuine.” (11:32-11:41)
- “What can they gain or benefit from your community that they can’t find anywhere else?” (21:31-21:35)
- “The way you cultivate the fanbase is that literally…making sure you delight your members. Not over providing with resources, but you’re over providing with love and care and things that are very emotional…In a community setting, as the organizer, you have to give more love.” (27:21-28:19)
- “How do I make sure everyone feels heard, taken care of and seen? If you can figure out that magical formula where you can meet those, you will be successfully cultivating a legion of people that believe in you…they will do it because they know you mean well by them.” (28:57-29:25)
Connect with Jill Salzman:
- Website: www.foundingmoms.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/foundingmom/
- Podcast: www.jillsalzman.com/podcast