Are you struggling with time management? In today’s episode, Garland Coulson, Time Management Speaker, and Coach at Captain Time Training, explains how to better manage your time and be more productive.
You are in control of your own time. By making better decisions, you can learn to take back control of your time and double your productivity. Garland’s top time management tips are delegating with clear instructions, scheduling dedicated blocks of time for each project, and focusing on one task at a time.
Tune into this week’s episode of Powerful Marketing Tips for a conversation about gaining better time management skills. Discover how to feel less overwhelmed and be more productive through simple time management tricks.
- “I started to read every book I could get my hands on, listen to everything I could get my hands on for time management, because I really wanted to master this for me. It was something I really wanted to do for me.” (2:27-2:46)
- “You are in control of your time. And we often feel we aren’t. We are. Every day we make thousands of choices as to what to do next, what we’re going to work on, how we’re going to do things. So, we make those choices. We can make different choices is one key part of it. Multitasking is a myth. It doesn’t work. We can only focus on one thing at a time. Focus is the real superpower here.” (4:31-5:00)
- “The overwhelm is because we haven’t worked out our systems yet. Systems are what make it happen.” (8:06-8:13)
- “Checklists are the fastest, quickest way to document anything. Whenever I’m doing a new process, I create a checklist, not just for training, but even for me to make sure I don’t miss a step. I figure out, what are the steps? How would I do this?” (12:30-12:41)
- “World class performance requires world class focus.” (20:26-20:31)
Connect with Garland Coulson:
- Website: www.captaintime.com
- Online Business Community: www.bizmentum.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ebusinesstutor/
- Clubhouse Productivity Cafe: www.clubhouse.com/@captaintim