Have you ever wondered how to use LinkedIn to attract talent to your business? LinkedIn has become very advanced over the last few years, and there are many tools built in to help you find and attract talent. In today’s episode, Tiina Jarvet Pereira, career strategy consultant and headhunter with 20 years of experience, shares her tips for how to attract talent using LinkedIn.
Tiina’s job working with multinational companies requires her to find and source top talent from all over the world. She uses keyword searches with LinkedIn’s recruiter tool to find the best person for the job. By evaluating candidates’ profiles, including their recommendations, experience, and skills assessments, she can get an in-depth understanding of their core values and motivations. In addition to utilizing keywords, Tiina recommends sending personalized messages to candidates that you are interested in hiring instead of relying on more generic messages that sound automated. She also recommends making the company LinkedIn page more personable and less corporate, because candidates connect more with people and company culture.
Tune into this week’s episode of Powerful Marketing Tips for a conversation about how to search for and attract the best candidates for your business. Learn how to make your company profile more appealing and how to best evaluate candidates’ personal profiles.
- “Companies, multinationals, need international talent and the best way to connect with them is to have the cultural awareness that one size doesn’t fit all.” (2:47-3:02)
- “Through keyword search I can find talent anywhere in the world.” (9:05-9:10)
- “We need to change the way we reach out to candidates in a more personalized way. Nobody wants to be contacted with an automated message sounding like a robot. You really need to read the candidate's profile and connect with them as human beings and show that you have read their profile and show interest. So it feels that this message is really sent only to me and not to 500 other candidates.” (10:31-11:05)
- “I really need to know a candidate's deepest motivations, core values, what is their passion, and what drives them. Only then I can see if it’s a good fit.” (16:05-16:23)
- “They don’t want to see the corporate stuff that they see anyway on the company website. They wanna see how are the people who are working there, the diversity, would they fit in? That’s what people want to see. That’s really how we connect and that kind of content is very helpful.” (23:01-23:29)
Connect with Tiina Jarvet Pereira:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tiinapereira/
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOF5DdZ3CuM9xhu_Tm-a4zg