Join Mari-Liis and Laura from Powerful Marketers as they dive into the fundamentals of content strategy. In this podcast episode, they discuss targeting the right audience, delivering value, and making smart decisions about platforms and media. Utilize the Content Diamond Strategy (created by the Brand Builders Group), where one monthly piece of long-form content is repurposed into bite-sized posts across different platforms. Gain visibility, engagement, and qualified leads with their essential tips and strategies. Tune in and take your content strategy to the next level!
Creating captivating and consistent content can be a challenge for many marketers and business owners. The initial burst of inspiration often fades away, leaving them tired and overwhelmed within weeks. However, there is a solution. With this post, we will provide you with a decision-making framework for building an effective content strategy that will keep you motivated and engaged for the long haul.
Content Creation Fundamentals
Before diving into the creation of any content plan, it is crucial to clarify the content creation fundamentals. These fundamentals serve as a guide and decision-making framework for your content strategy. Identifying your primary target audience, understanding the value your product or service brings to them, and determining where to share your content are the essential questions you must answer. By aligning your content with these fundamentals, you create a solid foundation for success in your content creation efforts.
The Content Diamond Strategy
The Content Diamond Strategy, originally learned from renowned coach Rory Vaden, has proven to be highly effective in our community and among our clients. The Content Diamond Strategy revolves around selecting one focus topic for each month and creating a piece of long-form content centred on that topic, such as a blog post, podcast episode, webinar, or video article. This piece of content serves as the cornerstone of your monthly content creation efforts.
The true power of the Content Diamond Strategy lies in its ability to repurpose content effectively. Once you have created the initial long-form content, you can transform it into smaller pieces suitable for different platforms and formats. This includes quotes, pictures, polls, short videos, carousel posts, and more. Repurposing content allows you to scale your content production effortlessly. By leveraging existing content, you no longer have to generate entirely new ideas every day. Repurposing saves time and effort while still providing valuable and engaging content for your audience.
Lastly, it is important to close the Diamond. This means incorporating a clear call-to-action in all your content pieces, leading your audience back to your owned channels, such as your website, blog posts, or newsletter. While social media platforms are essential for audience growth, converting your followers into paying clients requires guiding them to your channels. The ultimate goal is to build your list and establish direct communication with your audience, ensuring a more effective conversion process.
Overcoming content creation overwhelm is possible with the right strategy and planning. By following the Content Diamond strategy, you can create content consistently, reduce overwhelm, and maximize your content's reach. Utilizing the provided content strategy framework and monthly content plan template, which are accessible and easy to use, you can start implementing an effective content creation process today. Say goodbye to content creation overwhelm and unlock the potential for greater engagement, visibility, and business success.
Grab a copy of the content plan template from our community.
- “Before you start creating any content strategy, you have to know the answers to the following questions. So number one, who exactly do you help with your product or service? Who is your primary target audience? Number two, what's in it for them? You have to be able to show value to them. What problem can your product or service solve for them? Why should they care? Now think about how you create your content based on that. And number three, be clear on the where. So where will you share that information?” - 00:02:05
- "The biggest secret to battling content creation overwhelm is planning." - 00:04:04
- “It is called the Content Diamond Strategy because it is shaped like a diamond in the picture. So the idea is that for each month, you should have one focus topic. So that sits on top of the diamond. And that on this focus topic, you will create one piece of long-form content. For example, a blog post, a podcast episode, a webinar, a video article, whatever it is. But this big piece of content sits on top of the diamond.” - 00:04:25
- “The work will start in terms of repurposing content, meaning now they just have to make a lot of small pieces out of this one bigger content.” - 00:05:18
- “Please remember that people are not paying attention as much as you think they do. So it is okay to really have the same idea cut into different formats, pieces and posts.” - 00:05:32
- “Those smaller pieces can be quotes, pictures, polls, short videos, carousel posts. There are many options. And once you have all of those small pieces of content ready, then you just have to divide them between the different marketing channels that you use.” - 00:06:01
- “The most significant benefit of repurposing content is that it makes content so much easier to scale. In other words, you don't have to think of new content every single day.” - 00:06:28
- “You should always have this one clear call-to-action to your website so that you can get people off social media to the channels that you actually own, meaning your website, your blog post, your newsletter and so on.” - 00:07:05
- “Your number one goal should always be having people on your lists, not growing followers so much for social media.” - 00:07:22
- [00:01:40] Content creation fundamentals
- [00:04:26] Content Diamond Strategy
- [00:08:00] Repurposing content