Are you considering becoming an entrepreneur? In today’s episode, Leeza Martinez, Founder of Artemis Marketing, shares the story of how she became an entrepreneur and gives tips for taking the first steps.
Entrepreneurship requires clarity, confidence, and determination. You will be responsible for everything for your business, so doing proper research before starting is essential. Life is short, so if you feel like you want to start your entrepreneurial journey, stop thinking and start doing. Learn from other entrepreneurs, have clarity on your business goals from the beginning, and work to get yourself into a confident mindset.
Tune into this week’s episode of Powerful Marketing Tips for a conversation about beginning your journey as an entrepreneur. Learn tips to help you get started on the path to taking control of your own future.
- “I’ve always been an entrepreneur. Since I was a kid, I was the one who went knocking on doors. ‘Hey can I clean your yard? Can I shovel your sidewalk? Can I walk your dog?’ Really anything I could think of I was out there doing it. As I got into adulthood, I started working. At the age of 15, I had to have a worker’s permit. My first job was fast food. It’s a great experience. It kind of gives you the skills you need to move into the world when you’re an adult. As I got into working other jobs and as I got older, I’m not one to become stagnant. I’ve always wanted more. I call it leveling up. I achieve something, it’s great for a while but at the end of the day, I always seek to grow more, whether that’s my mindset, my knowledge base. I’m always trying to grow more.” (3:34-4:40)
- “If I could help share how I started for people who are maybe thinking, ‘I want to do something more with my life’ or ‘I want to take control of what my future looks like,’ I am all here for it. I’m rooting those people and if I can give them any shred of advice that impacts their life, then I’m absolutely going to do so.” (6:18-6:43)
- “We don’t really know what to expect when we jump right into something. Entrepreneurship is chaos. There’s no structure to it. So if you’re a structured individual, I recommend really knowing what it means to be an entrepreneur.” (8:30-9:00)
- “If you’re thinking about starting a new adventure, just do it. A lot of the time we spend thinking about whether I should do this, most of the time we don’t. We look back and regret it. I say life is short. If you think that this is something you want to do at the end of the day, absolutely do it. Sometimes when it doesn’t work out, it kind of leads you to a different path that’s even better for you. Expect that there’s going to be trials and tribulations on the way. Nothing worth having comes easy.” (11:51-12:28)
- “Mindset in this field is so important. You have to be confident and ready to take on anything. I think if you could work on your mindset, read books that help you to get to where you think you need to be mentally, and just really work on yourself in the beginning helps you get to where you need to go.” (18:39-19:09)
- “Start by starting. Talking doesn’t mean action. Just put your feet on the ground and start going. Don’t doubt yourself. Reinforce confidence. At the end of the day, only you control your future. If you want something, go get it.” (25:10-25:53)
- “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you’re not sure you can do it, say yes and learn later.” (29:25-29:31)
Connect with Leeza Martinez:
- Website: www.artemismarketing.co
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/helloleeza/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/artemismarketingco
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/artemismarketingco