Building a marketing strategy is often quite overwhelming for a lot of small business owners. Laura Kukemelk is the cofounder of Powerful Marketers, and throughout her career she’s seen several marketing strategies both succeed and fail. In this episode she lays down the 5 principles to remember when building a marketing strategy.
Consistency and clarity are critical to building long-term results. Consistency is key in branding, communication, and messaging, and companies need to be consistent across all points of contact with their customers.
It is important to see the world through the eyes of your customers and focus on their needs. Customer feedback is important, and companies should ask for feedback and use their CRM system to gain insights into customer behavior. Involving employees in marketing can help to build a more human connection with customers and provide valuable insights into their behavior.
Companies need to focus on the big picture and plan for the long term, investing in marketing, sales, and customer service. They should avoid over-complicating things and be realistic about their goals, giving marketing time to snowball and build momentum.
- If you are not consistent with your message, your branding, your communication, then you will not gain any long-term results.
- Instead of focusing on what YOU want to sell, think about what the customer NEEDS. Ask for customer feedback and experience.
- Involve your employees: people don't work with companies, they work with other people.
- “If you are not consistent with your message, then you will not gain any long term results.” (1:09)
- “Instead of focusing on what you want to sell, think about what the customer needs.” (1:51)
- “People don’t work with companies, they work with other people.” (2:31)
- “In the short term many can succeed by injecting a lot of money into the business, but only few succeed in the long run.” (3:10)
- “Sometimes it is better to try and fail and admit that something wasn't the right choice for you, rather than endlessly planning and never really getting into action.” (3:55)
Connect with Powerful Marketers
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/powerful-marketers/
- Mari-Liis Vaher: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vahermariliis/
- Laura Kukemelk: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-kukemelk/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/powerfulmarketers/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/powerfulmarketers
- Join our free Powerful Mastermind Club Meetings: https://powerful-marketers.com/mastermind/