The problem that troubles most small business owners and marketers is that they’re really overwhelmed and frustrated about the marketing or the lack of it because it is so easy to lose sight of how all the pieces in marketing fit together. In this quick tips episode, Mari-Liis Vaher walks you through the 5-step process we have created at Powerful Marketers to help you align your strategy with your vision.
Did you know that according to one study by Fournaise Group 80% of the CEO-s do not trust marketers? Have you noticed that around the same amount of business owners are frustrated about their marketing or the lack of it? Especially among small and medium sized enterprises which, did you know, represent about 90% of businesses and more than 50% of employment worldwide!
At the same time, marketing has evolved so much over the years and keeps changing every day by offering us more and more opportunities and different channels and so on. So, why don't we see great results? Why aren’t we happy with our marketing?
The problem that troubles most small businesses and marketers is that they’re really overwhelmed and frustrated about the marketing or the lack of it because it is so easy to lose sight of how all the pieces in marketing fit together. The reason why Powerful Marketers exists is that in the marketing space there are so many people and companies who teach individual components, like how to do Facebook ads, how to do copy or SEO, they teach you to build funnels or plan media etc, but there’s nobody that we are aware of that has done all of those things, that is positioned on top of all these activities and that shows how to align your marketing strategy to pull all the activities together.
So, where to start with doing the best marketing in the world? We have the 5-step process for that:
- CLARITY & GOALS. It will always be about your clients. Yes, you want to know how you grab attention, how to increase that email open rate or how to get that click and how to hold and monetize the attention you get. But in the long run you should always think about how you make your marketing great and sustainable? It's not anymore just about being good, it's about being unique and consistent. How is your business unique, how is your marketing unique?
- MARKETING ALIGNMENT. If you want fast and aggressive marketing to build funnels or automations for your business, then there are some ways to optimize your lead flow like that at certain times, yes, but in the long run it will cost you more time, resources, money and frustration. You need to involve marketing in everything you do: think of the great leaders and companies out there with great marketing, all the leaders are involved, they have a clear message and mission they serve.
- WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER. Plan - Organize - Systemize - Measure everything you do! You just have to build and use systems to save you a lot of time and trouble and burnout.
- COMMUNICATE & BUILD RELATIONSHIPS. Even if marketing techniques and opportunities are developing rapidly, we as humans remain the same. We have our social and safety needs, we miss belonging and we need it all more than ever because of what is happening around us. In 2020 came Covid, now in 2022 there is a brutal war in Europe but you throw at me these promotions, hook me up with something and then leave me with no actual feedback or meaningful relationship!? It hurts. It doesn't build trust. And it most certainly does not build sustainable and cost-effective marketing for any business.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP. I’m sorry to tell you this but you as a business owner are responsible for being overwhelmed and frustrated! You are involved in marketing anyway, even if you don’t realize it yourself: you have to make sure you have the right mindset, skills and expertise, and the ability to implement and align marketing and communicate in an inspiring way, and create success through great leadership. This is what makes one great leader in marketing! Yes, it requires learning and understanding about clarity and goals, working with KPI-s, building systems, etc and you need to put some great effort into communication and leadership but that’s what makes the best marketing in the world.
We work with B2B small business owners who want to understand their marketing decisions and with marketers who want to grow. You need to learn something new in order to nurture and grow yourself and your business. That’s the only way to become confident, powerful, consistent not only with bringing in leads but also with serving your clients and prospects throughout all the touchpoints they have with your business, and your marketing can really become the best in the world!
Zig Ziglar has said: “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” Think about it, why are some companies and leaders able to do more within this 24 hour window and what can you do here for yourself and for your business? And if you are someone who wants to understand what you are doing, you want to grow yourself and build your business at the same time, then make sure to visit our monthly international Mastermind to meet like-minded people all over the world.