You might have the best of everything professionally: best job, best education, best ads, best team, but if the foundations of your mindset bring out issues with everybody, it doesn’t matter how good anything is. It is going to fail.
Because it doesn’t matter how great your technical skills are if your mindset lets you down.
And that is bound to happen sooner or later unless you work on it. Your mindset affects both your personal and your professional outcomes.
Consider, for example, the people who feel burned out at their jobs. Those people cannot keep on staying in that job unless something changes. The consequence of burning out is that eventually, you either get fired, or you quit.
Even if you have never actually been burned out, everyone still knows that it is much harder to solve any issue or do any task once your mental or physical state deteriorates.
Obviously, the right thing to do is to prevent the causes of burnout and to be as strong and inspired as possible in your professional and personal life every day. You need to find inspiration in your job to feel truly fulfilled in your life! Only then can you be the best version of yourself and reflect that back into your job.
Healthy mindset is probably one of the most important and crucial things you could learn to help yourself with.
With the right mindset anything is possible. If you don’t work with your mindset, it’s impossible to make other parts work correctly, regardless of how good you are professionally at the moment.
The way you see yourself reflects your future successes and failures.
One of the most fundamental needs we have is for a sense of identity. Your identity comes from your own imagination of yourself. Identity needs include our need to present ourselves to others and be thought of in particular and desired ways. Who we are matters terribly to all of us. Be aware of the influences your background, experience, confidence level and skills have on your self-understanding and self-belief.
As a #powerfulmarketer it is your duty to work on yourself, so that you can be the best version of yourself for everybody else.
Drawing parallels from the classic Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, it is easy to see how success is not a fluke, but a repeatable process. To BE A POWERFUL MARKETER, you need to make sure your basic, psychological and self-fulfillment needs are met. Without having a strong base, there is no way for you to stay at the top without crumbling sooner or later.
At which level are you in the MARKETERS BPS* PYRAMID?
- PHYSIOLOGICAL needs: you have the basic set of technical skills and a minimum required experience, which enable you to keep a steady job and income.
- SAFETY needs: you have enough knowledge and information to carry out your tasks confidently, you feel secure in your role at the company.
- BELONGING needs: you have a wide enough network of people and the skill to effectively communicate with them, you feel valued and trusted by others around you.
- SELF-ESTEEM needs: you have a positive self-talk and self-belief, you feel confident enough to overcome any unexpected obstacle and can easily adapt to change.
- SELF-DEVELOPMENT needs: you know your purpose and have a very clear understanding of your path and what it takes for you to achieve it.
- SELF-ACTUALIZATION needs: you live according to your purpose, you have a strong desire and willingness to give your absolute best, day in and day out, to make the world a better place.
* BPS is the abbreviation of the 3 categories of needs:
basic, psychological and self-fulfillment.
As a human you are the sum of your different values, beliefs, behaviours, skills, and life areas.
Paradoxically, if you want to have a great career, your job cannot be the only key aspect in your life. You need to develop and implement strong habits and skills in all of your life in order to enjoy it to the fullest extent possible. Start with yourself, with your mindset and identity.
- Mindset is a collection of thoughts, values and beliefs that shape your view of reality. It’s a what you show yourself about your identity and the world around you.
- And your identity comes from your own imagination of yourself. What you call yourself is what you are.
The good news is that both are something you can change.
Just like you cannot focus on absolutely everything in your daily job, you shouldn’t take everything upon yourself. Do you want to make an impact as a powerful marketer on yourself and people around you? Then focus on honing your skills as a human being.
The impact on your ability to create value for your clients, colleagues, and other business associates, will grow exponentially if you cultivate a powerful mindset as a marketer. It is like taking care of your body. No pain, no gain. Nobody can work out your legs, or your core, or your arms, for you. You have to put in the effort. And once you do, your muscles, your mind, and your entire being will thank you for it.
The same principle is true for your mindset; unless you work on it on a regular basis, you make it impossible to have other areas work effectively, regardless of how good a professional you currently might be. Truly powerful marketers understand why and how they act & react, and also why and how their clients, colleagues and other people around them act & react.
Understanding and making sense of the fundamentals in psychology will enable you to always think through the necessary actions in your personal and professional life. Understanding others begins with understanding yourself – do you know where you are and where you want to go at the Marketers BPS Pyramid? Even small improvements here can make a world of a difference in everything else in your life.
Remember – being successful professionally always depends on a happy and powerful personal background!
#identity #mindset #marketer #powerfulmarketers #success #responsibility #happy #balance #selfawareness #selfesteem #selfdevelopment #selfactualization